We’re looking for a UI Engineer to join our Monograph product team in San Francisco, where you'll help build the future of how architects manage their business.
Monograph is modernizing design professionals’ back office with a data-driven platform to help them manage, plan and grow their companies. Our mission is to let architects and designers get back to doing what they love and do best—design—not finance, management or Excel.
You can check out the product website at Monograph.io
What will I be doing?
Day-to-day you’ll be working closely with Mark, our lead engineer, Alex, our head of product, and Robert, who runs sales and marketing.
- You’ll help build and evolve our design systems, extending components and adding new ones to our library.
- You’ll sketch and prototype ideas to understand viability, time needed to execute and user experience.
- You’ll help translate feature requests and user experience issues into shippable designs and code.
- You’ll whiteboard ideas with the team, provide and receive feedback, and iterate concepts, designs and interactions.
- You’ll weigh in on product decisions, design direction and feature roadmap.
What skills do I need?
- Motivation to think and learn independently; you’ll often be expected to test, research and/or prototype an answer to a question before bringing it up to the team.
- Strong ability to think in systems, understanding that our product is an interconnected organization of components that perform both discrete and global functions.
- Some familiarity designing UI systems, dashboards and/or digital products.
- Ability to mockup, iterate and present designs and interactions.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to take on responsibility. As part of a small team you’ll be given significant autonomy and the opportunity to take on more leadership as the project grows.
- Familiarity/experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Sunny disposition.
- 4-day work week
- Friday lunches
- Happy hours
- Full medical / vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews
Interested in applying?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org introducing yourself along with links to relevant work, case studies, personal portfolio, GitHub, etc. and we'll be in touch!